Friday 19 October 2018

Something A Little Different (500 posts!)



I can't believe I'm hitting 500 posts already! A bit of a strange post today - I've been playing around in Microsoft Excel, to make a random body swap story generator. You can download it by clicking here.

It's a little bit basic and I'm not sure if this is something I'm going to keep trying to make, but I figured I'd share one of the files I'd made. It's quite time consuming to write up the individual scenarios, and in some of my original tests, I had a lot more input options (partner's name etc) and also the potential for same sex couples, but both those became very unwieldly and I kept encountering cyclical errors. Feel free to let me know what form data you think should be available.

Anyway. Thank you for everyone for following me these past 500 days! I should probably get back to writing!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the milestone! I'm a big fan of interactive TG, so the story generator was fun. I'm not sure how much time you want to spend with it, but you might want want to add some conditions around age -- doing the parent/child swap had a pretty small age gap (of course, I was playing in Google Sheets, so it might have been a bug on my end).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been playing around with something a little more extensive. (Screencap in link below)
      https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GxAgJaStXzA/W8v26bMjdjI/AAAAAAAAA9A/dK43BxZKk8MbMxe2QUev67vWZL-iUysUQCLcBGAs/s1600/bodyswapgen1.jpg

      Because yeah, it was a little bit restrictive in the first version. I'd really like to get HEAPS of scenarios done before I do release another one.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see a full version. I noticed the same very small age gap with the parent/child swaps that Whiskers mentioned. I had a 23 year old mother with a 17 year old son. But I look forward to the completed version your working on. Thank you for the demo version it has been fun to play with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a hard bug to fix, but I think I've programmed it better in the new one. It's been slow going, but hopefully I'll make an update post before year's end.

      Delete