Friday 1 January 2021

Your Year (And an announcement)


Sadly this caption comes with a sadder announcement. I've made the decision to finish up captioning. I've got enough captions left that it'll see the blog through to the end of January, but that will be it.

It's been a difficult decision to make, but I've been attracted to this fetish for a long time, and the level at which I engage with it, is starting to have an effect on my life outside of captions. I regret not starting the blog earlier. I regret saving so many models waiting for the "perfect" story idea, because damn, I could caption Angela White and Britney Amber all damn day.

I'm not going to take the blog or any of the captions down - I know when my favourite blogs have shut down, I used to wish they were still there as a reference (lord knows I'd love to find all the old TGBackburner body swap captions again), but I won't be manning it anymore, so if it goes down, I won't be around to put it back up. I've written my final captions already, so sadly there won't be chances for me to do any more requests or follow ups.

This isn't the end yet, but I figure I should say thanks now to everyone who's been reading my captions over the last few years. I know I can be standoff-ish with keeping this and my non-swap-life separate, but I really do appreciate everyone who's stopped by to read my captions, and I hope you enjoy this final month ahead. 

10 comments:

  1. sorry you're quiting. But for everything there is a season. I like your work & will miss it. I appredicate you're leaving the sie up. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big respect, after zapper you were my favorite captioner, thanks for all the work, comments and requests you´ve done. I kinda know how you feel, at some point you just have to ask "Am I really writing bodyswap captions in my free time I could spend in other ways?" This fetish absolutely sucks because there is no way to fulfill it outside of captions/stories, but that´s just how life is I guess. Big respect and good luck man

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang looks like 2021 is starting off like 2020 and sucking all ready! Your captions give me something to look forward to each and every day, one of the first things I go to on my computer. However I understand the balance between real life and this can be a tricky one and it can fluctuate at one's given point in time. With the blog up yet there are always captions for one to enjoy from the past and hope that maybe a few get added sometime in the future past January. Either way good luck, and I hope all goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MostlySwap, sorry to see you go, but I understand. I really enjoyed your work and wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've enjoyed this site. I've enjoyed your captions. I've enjoyed your artwork, even had planned to reach out to you about some. Yet, I understand wanting to step away. Thank you for what you've done with this blog. I hope that when I finally start mine, I will be as successful as you have been.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes to you as you move onward to new horizons, MostlySwap! I'll miss you surely, as many others here will as well, but your physical life matters most. May you have blessedness and contentment in all that you do in this new year! Thank you for everything, for sharing a bit of your creative self with us. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes, I understand and thank you for your notice. Good luck in your endeavors, your creativity was very much enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were my favorite body swap caption site. I honestly think Ima stop reading caps this fetish is weird looking at it from a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've loved your work and wish that I discovered your blog sooner. But i understand where you're coming from. Good luck in your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been silently enjoying your captions for ages now, and I want to say that yours have been by favorite. I've read a lot of tg fiction, from stories to caps, and you've managed to hit a great sweet spot with good pictures, good writing, novel premises (more than just a hundred 'I took over this swimsuit model's body' in a row), fun experiments with the format, and the fun kind of meta commentary you don't really get unless you're in the same kind of thing for a while.
    And on top of all of that you managed near daily uploads for huge stretches. Amazing.

    Its going to be a shame not being able to refresh this page for some of my favorite snack sized content soon, but I wish you only the best going forward. And I hope you keep writing or drawing, even if its unrelated to swap content after this.

    ReplyDelete